Friendship Missionary Baptist Church was organized on June 25, 1949 with twelve charter members: Rev. Fred Engle, Fred Jeffers, Opal Jeffers, Rev. C. N. Richardson, Arlena Richardson, Louise Richardson, Robert Ridener, Lloyd Thrasher, Bertha Thrasher, Doris Boyd, Pearlie Edwards, Cora Lee Edwards.
Friendship Baptist Church originated in a rented property located at 2401 Colerain Avenue, Brighton/Camp Washington area and stayed at that property until 1956 at which time property was purchased at 2022 Elm Street near McMicken. Both of these locations were in the downtown Cincinnati, area. In 1965, the church moved to a suburban location at 8209 Chesswood Drive, Colerain Township. The move to to our present location at 8580 Cheviot Road took place in June of 1988. The original building has been expanded to include a balcony in the auditorium, an expanded fellowship hall/gym and many additional classrooms for adults, teens and children.
Rev. C. N. Richardson was our first pastor in 1949. Rev. William Cox was the second pastor and served from 1960 until 1970. In June, 1970, Rev. Preston Richardson was called to be pastor and faithfully served in this capacity for nearly 35 years until his retirement in January of 2005. All pastors were bi-vocational until 1985. Rev. Gary Jackson currently serves as senior pastor.
Friendship Baptist Church, 8580 Cheviot Road, Cincinnati OH 45251, (513) 741-7017